Thai bubble tea is a favorite in boba tea shops! Here is my recipe and supplies for making excellent Thai bubble tea at home.
You will need Thai tea mix, and I use this Thai Iced Tea Mix.
You will also need a fine mesh strainer, a fine-holed cheesecloth. I use this strainer.
I also keep BPA-free reusable boba straws for all our at-home boba cravings!
To make Thai Tea concentrate:
- Add 1/2 cup of Thai Tea mix to 4 cups of boiling water. (This will make about 4 good-sized Thai Bubble Tea drinks)
- Steep for 3-5 minutes, then strain into a large jar or pitcher.
- While the tea is still warm, add the sugar. For half and half based drinks, add a little more than 1/2 cup of granulated sugar to Thai tea. If you like it sweeter, add more sugar.
- If you're making drinks using condensed milk, use a little less than 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Can be kept in the fridge for a couple weeks for all your Thai iced tea cravings.
To make half and half-based Thai bubble tea:
- add tapioca pearls to glass
- add ice
- add thai iced tea concentrate to 3/4 full
- add half and half to taste
To make condensed milk Thai bubble tea:
- add 2-3 TB of condensed milk to glass
- add thai iced tea concentrate, stir until milk is dissolved
- add tapioca pearls and ice
- add evaporated milk to top off
The full video tutorial can be found here: