Dec. 4, 2019
Written By: Adriana
These are based off of my Super Fudgy One Bowl Brownies, but with a great hot chocolate twist. They are easily my children's favorite brownie because of the milk chocolate brownie and gooey marshmallow topping.
Be sure to use a fresh bag of marshmallows for these brownies, as they will give you a more gooey texture after baking.
|unsalted butter||8 TB or one stick||113g||4 oz|
|brown sugar||1/2 cup||110g||3.88 oz|
|granulated sugar||1/2 cup||100g||3.53 oz|
|eggs||2 large||100g||3.5 oz|
|natural cocoa||1/2 + 1/8 cups||53g||1.87 oz|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp||-||-|
|vanilla extract||1 1/2 tsp||-||-|
|all-purpose flour||3/4 cups||89g||3.14|
|milk chocolate, coarsely chopped or chips||1 cup||170g||6 oz|
|marshmallows, small size||about 2 cups||-||-|
1. Place a rack in the middle position in your oven and preheat to 350 °F.
2. Line an 8 by 8 pan with foil or parchment paper, and apply a good amount cooking spray. (Marshmallows are sticky, so be liberal!)
3. Add butter to a medium to large sized sauce pan on medium low heat. When the butter is half melted, add sugars and whisk, turning off the heat when the butter is just melted.
4. Take saucepan off heat and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth.
5. Add in flour and chocolate to saucepan with a spatula, stir until smooth.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and pile the marshmallows on top of the brownie. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until marshmallows have gotten puffy and stuck to each other, but not completely melted. They may be a little toasty on the tops. A skewer inserted in the middle will come out with a few brownie crumbs attached and lots of marshmallow goo!
7. Cool before cutting. To help with cutting, use a large knife that you have sprayed with cooking spray. This will help in getting smooth, clean cuts in the marshmallow.
... the nerdy baker behind the videos and recipes here. I coded this site to not only share my recipes with you but also to build some helpful tools for bakers.Read more here!