- 1 TB dried egg whites (also known as meringue powder)*
- 3 TB warm water
- 2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk the egg white powder and water on high speed until it forms a stiff meringue, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in your powdered sugar and beat until it forms a glossy and firm icing. If it's too stiff, add water, 1 tsp at a time. If it's too runny, add powdered sugar 1 TB at a time.
- Immediately place into a piping bag or airtight container. Once in contact with air, it will dry up, but in your piping bag or airtight container it should be good for at least a week. I store mine in the fridge.
*As with all my baking, I prefer to use pasteurized eggs, which is sold in a powder.