Dec. 4, 2019
Written By: Adriana
When you want a coffee and a brownie, this is the recipe to make. It combines a slight espresso flavor with an intense chocolate flavor and is topped with chocolate chips drizzled with caramel sauce.
|unsalted butter||8 TB or one stick||113g||4 oz|
|brown sugar||1/2 cup||110g||3.88 oz|
|granulated sugar||1/2 cup||100g||3.53 oz|
|eggs||2 large||100g||3.5 oz|
|natural cocoa||1/2 + 1/8 cups||53g||1.87 oz|
|espresso powder*||3 TB||-||-|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp||-||-|
|vanilla extract||1 1/2 tsp||-||-|
|all-purpose flour||3/4 cups||89g||3.14|
|semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped or chips, divided||1 1/2 cups||255g||9 oz|
|caramel syrup*||about 1/2 cup||-||-|
notes. *I used Medaglia D'Oro Espresso Instant Coffee and to simply things a bit, Torani Caramel Sauce. But by all means, if you have the time, use homemade caramel sauce... I'm jealous of your brownies if you do!
1. Place a rack in the middle position in your oven and preheat to 350 °F.
2. Line an 8 by 8 pan with foil or parchment paper, and apply a good amount cooking spray.
3. Add butter to a medium to large sized sauce pan on medium low heat. When the butter is half melted, add sugars and whisk, turning off the heat when the butter is just melted.
4. Take saucepan off heat and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs, cocoa, espresso powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth.
5. Add in flour and one cup of your chocolate to saucepan with a spatula, stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The brownies will seem a little underdone, and a toothpick will come out wet and with lots of crumbs attached. While the brownies are still hot, add the last 1/2 cup of chocolate to the top so they will melt slightly and stick to the tops of the brownies while they cool.
7. When the brownies are completely cooled, remove them from the pan using the foil liners. Drizzle a liberal amount of caramel sauce across the top, then cut into squares.
... the nerdy baker behind the videos and recipes here. I coded this site to not only share my recipes with you but also to build some helpful tools for bakers.Read more here!